Right down the road from Redbud Cafe, the Blano River at Blanco State Park offers a cool, refreshing respite from the Texas summer heat!
A local favorite, check out Blanco State Park for swimming, fishing, and camping.
Location tip from the park’s website: If using GPS, try entering “29 Main Street.” Blanco, TX 78606
• • •
This Week’s Special
Each week we feature a special menu item. Check our menu board, or give us a call: 830.833.0202.
Look for our DAILY SPECIALS: We feature homemade soups and quiches, sandwiches and entrees, made fresh daily.
• • •
Music this Weekend
Hear live music at Redbud Cafe on Friday and Saturday evenings. Redbud Cafe’s kitchen closes at 9:00pm both evenings; Drinks and bakery items served till 9:30 pm on Saturday evenings.
- Friday, July 13, 6:30pm – 9:00pm: Silver & Gold
- Saturday, July 14, 7:00pm – 9:30pm: Paul Cash
• • •
Art at Redbud Cafe
Eric Harrison • Art at Redbud Cafe
We are happy to have the work of local artist, Eric Harrison on the walls of Redbud Cafe. All artwork will be on display and for sale through September, 2018.
About the artist
Eric Harrison-born 1971 in San Antonio, Texas.
In 1995 he married Kim Marie, and together they have two sons, Noah and Ethan.
The Harrison’s reside in the hill country west of Blanco, Texas.
Currently painting in a language resonant with other Texas artists such as Robert and Julian Onderdonk, Robert Wood, Porfirio Salinas, Dawson Dawson-Watson, and Robert Harrison; with an affinity toward the work of California painter William Wendt. Paul Cezanne and many of the post impressionists.
Exhibitions and collections of his work include:
- The United States Embassy in Togo, Africa
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- The Buckhorn Museum, San Antonio
- Best of the Best Art Show, Salado, Texas
- Texas Landscape Show The Nave Museum, Victoria Texas
- The Harrisons, “A Family of Texas Painters” Charles Morin Fine Art, San Antonio
- Alamo Kiwanis Western Art Show, San Antonio, Texas
- Many Farm and Ranch collections
- Many private collections around the world
“My art is the result of my thoughts and feelings about the place where I live. Freedom, Imagination and encounter with nature are the source from which these visions are realized. Ultimately these paintings stand as evidence of a life being lived, and above all are meant to be seen, so as you look at the paintings allow you eye to wander and your mind to wonder.”
• • •